Skip to content
- How quickly did you become engaged with the
- Did you expect Joanna and Charlie to get
together, or were you taken in by the various deceptions?
- Bearing in mind that the author is a man, is
the female characterisation convincing?
- Did the Molly/Joanna relationship work for
- Did you feel a connection with all the
characters? Which were your favourites?
- What were your feelings about Joanna?
- Did you specifically enjoy the fast pace of
- The book tries (as in “Charlie’s Story”) to
explore a more serious narrative, layered within the story. Does it succeed?
- Did the age of the characters have any
bearing on the story for you?
- Does the ending maintain its surprise for you?
- Would you describe the book as a “page
- How would you describe your overall feeling
about the book?
- Do you feel “Joanna’s Story” can be
successful as a stand-alone novel, or is it diminished without “Charlie’s Story”?